Tuesday, March 24, 2009

A month without broadband...

It has been a while since I blog. Not that I don't want to blog... I just moved flats and my broadband provider Virgin Media could not manage to reconnect my broadband. It usually takes them about 10 days to get the lines reconnected which I find rather odd since in Malaysia you can get it connected much faster. Anyway... they messed up my application (twice) due to systems error and I was left without broadband for about a month. This is a pure example of over dependence on software systems... and letting the error happen twice to a customer makes you wonder do they really serious in their business. Nobody picked up the problem and I'm not sure if they really solve the problem. I can tell you that since I've been living in the UK, their customer service here is not something that you can proudly mention... the standards are falling. There is a system but I think too much redtape to get things going here.

Anyway... I got me broadband back and got a couple of months of broadband fees knock off as a form of compensation. Still feels sour about Virgin Media though...

No comments: